Actually, I think they'll end up selling a lot to municpalities... The wake turbulence from that barge shape probably will suck the sidewalks clean.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Cor van de Water via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Cor van de Water" <cor.vandewa...@gmail.com>
Sent: 28-Aug-18 7:48:06 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: (ak47)Kalashnikov CV-1 r:320km ts:80kpm> (a pr tool)

I think it will go over real well when you tell your colleagues: I will
bring my Kalashnikov tomorrow!
Cor.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018, 7:11 PM brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

http://www.calvertjournal.com/news/show/10607/kalashnikov-tesla-soviet-style-electric-super-car-kombi
Kalashnikov wants to take on Tesla with a Soviet-style electric ‘super car’
23 August 2018  Katie Davies  Russia

[share
https://twitter.com/mashant/status/1032616714389864448
Maria Antonova @mashant
Russian gunmaker Kalashnikov says its new electrical concept car based on 1970s-era classic "Kombi" model will compete with Tesla. It's super cute.
8:13 AM - Aug 23, 2018

image
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlSXYPaX4AEfCLL.jpg
CV-1 concept
]

Russian arms manufacturer Kalashnikov has unveiled a new “supercar” for the
world's burgeoning electric car market.

The CV-1 concept car can reach 80 kilometres an hour and can travel for 350
kilometres before recharging.

It appeared as part of Kalashnikov’s latest offerings at the Army 2018
International Military Technology Forum in Moscow.

But behind the technology is a heavy dose of Soviet nostalgia. The CV-1
uses
the classic Soviet Izh-2125 Kombi as its base. This compact family car was
produced between 1973 and 1997, providing a cheap transport option for
millions.

“This technology allows us to stand alongside and compete with global
electric car manufacturers such as Tesla,” a Kalashnikov spokesperson told Russian news agency RIA Novosti. “We were inspired by our experience as a world market leader throughout the creation of all our concept designs.”
[© calvertjournal.com]

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-08-25/russia-s-tesla-rival-won-t-be-coming-to-a-car-dealer-near-you
Don't Bother Pre-Ordering Russia's Tesla Rival
August 25, 2018 It's easy to laugh at the goofy prototype ... Kalashnikov probably won’t even try to mass-produce ... is just a way to draw attention to the company’s bold diversification away from guns ... deal to supply
UM-1
electric motorbikes and the UV-4 electric four-wheelers to the United Arab
Emirates ...
https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/iOhKJX0En4J8/v1/800x-1.jpg

https://mikeshouts.com/kalashnikov-um-1-and-uv-4-electric-vehicles/
Kalashnikov Has A Civilian Electric Bike And A Twizy-like Electric Car
August 27, 2018  Famed Russian maker of the super robust assault rifle
AK-47, Kalashnikov ... churning out more news ... not turning out more
killing machines ... it has a black-and-red themed civilian electric
motorcycle based on the made-for-military and law enforcement electric
two-wheel off-roader revealed last year ...

https://d2cdo4blch85n8.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Kalashnikov-UM-1-and-UV-4-Electric-Vehicles-Featured-image.jpg

https://www.ndtv.com/video/auto/carandbike-tube/ak-47-maker-kalashnikov-makes-a-new-electric-car-492205?vod-justadded
AK-47
<https://www.ndtv.com/video/auto/carandbike-tube/ak-47-maker-kalashnikov-makes-a-new-electric-car-492205?vod-justaddedAK-47>
Maker Kalashnikov Makes A New Electric Car
August 24, 2018 The makers of the infamous AK-47 assault rifle have made a new electric car ... CV-1 is based on a 1970s Soviet-era station wagon and gets a 320 km range with a 0-100 kmph sprint capability in 6-seconds ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSoJGKI0RrY

https://www.dw.com/en/kalashnikov-unveils-new-electric-car/a-45202288
Kalashnikov unveils new electric car
Aug 24, 2018 Kalashnikov, a company more known for its AK-47 machine guns
... unveiled its new electric car ...
https://www.dw.com/image/45197153_401.jpg

http://www.pravdareport.com/news/business/companies/23-08-2018/141446-kalashnikov_tesla-0/
Kalashnikov unveils Russian electric car to compete with Tesla
23 August 2018 ... Kalashnikov unveiled its concept car CV-1 based on
Izh-21252 body at Army 2018 forum. It was said that the car battery would have a revolutionary inverter measured 50x50x100 cm that would be able to
power up to 1.2 MW ...
http://img.pravdareport.com/image/article/7/8/1/62781.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47
The AK-47, or AK as it is officially known also known as the Kalashnikov,
is
a gas-operated, 7.62×39mm assault rifle, developed in the Soviet Union by
Mikhail Kalashnikov ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izh_2125
The IZh 2125 "Kombi is a compact car produced by the Soviet car
manufacturer
IZh from 1973 to 1997. It was based on an Izhevsk-modified Moskvitch 412

[dated]
https://www.rbth.com/science-and-tech/327368-10-soviet-cars-driven-western
10 famous Soviet cars 'driven' by Western ideas
Jan 27 2018 ... The Moskvich-412 was also a popular car for export ... The
Soviet model was produced ... at the Izhevsk plant ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moskvitch

https://jalopnik.com/what-it-was-like-to-buy-and-own-a-car-in-the-ussr-1783136956
What It Was Like To Buy And Own A Car In The USSR
Jul 22, 2016 -

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--FMxjah13--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_1600/bmojm6jvrtjknmlvbzgt.jpg
Remember that famous Ronald Reagan joke about buying a car in the Soviet
Union? ...
This man laid down the money, and the fellow in charge said to him:
Come
back in 10 years and get your car.
    The man answered: Morning or afternoon?
    And the fellow behind the counter said: Ten years from now, what
difference does it make?
    And he said: Well, the plumber is coming in the morning.
https://youtu.be/CLW7r4o2_Ow

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}