Yeah, I get most of that.

When the roadster came out, he promised his “affordable” car within a few
years. I expected about $30-35k. But it is what it is.

As far as the electronics, I think that you’re seeing the future. Both my Mirai
and Clarity collect tons of data, though there is nothing (that I know of) for
disabling by the manufacturer. I think he future is going to be all about
collecting that data.

Unfortunately, if you follow what’s happened to computers and internet access,
EVERYTHING is about collecting that data (and selling it!) for “a better
customer experience.” I still fight it, and avoid giving anyone but me control
over my data, but I’m starting to think that resistance is futile, to quote a
great philosopher.

Sent from my iPhone