There are other used EVs worth purchasing.  I just bought a 2016 VW E-Golf for my commute.  SOOOO much nicer than my homebuilt EV - has airbags, seriously nice stereo, power steering and brakes, AND WORKING AIRCON!

OK, sorry about the caps there, but hey, working aircon in an EV is a wonder to behold.

EV-grin is now restored.

Cheers, Peter