>From what I could tell, Solectria/Azure tended to be somewhat proprietary.
The Brusa inveters they sold in the early- to mid-1990s were pretty well
documented, but more through Brusa than Solectria.  Again, those were my
impressions; others may have had different experiences.

I got the distinct impression that with the UMOC and DMOC range, Solectria
and Azure intentionally further limited what their users could learn and do.
IIRC they even passworded the inverters' computer interface, which wasn't
done on the Brusa inverters.  If you wanted your drive reconfigured, their
answer was usually "ship it to us and we'll do it for you."  For a fee, of
course.  But they sure did make nice AC drives.

I see that Soliectria's (and I think Azure's) former marketing director,
Karl E Thidemann, is on Linked In.  It's an extremely long shot, but I
wonder if he might be able to hook you up with one of their former engineers
or support techs.  If you're a Linkie (I'm not), you might try getting in
touch with him.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/karl-thidemann-a971b853

Also, Lee Hart may have current contact into for James Worden.  Whether
Worden would be able or willing to help, I don't know.

Other than that you might scout around for a possible hacker (in the older
positive sense) community, something like the one that grew up round the old
Dolphin drives used in US Electricar EVs.  I don't know whether enough of
the UMOC/DMOC units ever fell into hobbyist hands for that to happen.  Maybe
you could try a post on the solectria_ev Yahoo group, if you haven't
already.

Good luck!

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator