really? I just got rid of 7 Priuses for high self discharge, NHW10's, I still have a number of packs, now 20 years old, only ever found 1 cell with low capacity, and 1 with high internal resistance. They still have over 5 Ah capacity, but i have seen up to an amp self discharge, well some totally short circuit. It they all have the SAME self discharge, then this would be true, but with one cell having 1 mA and another 50mA in the same string there is not much you can do. I have been cutting and soldering other cells in to fix them for about 8 years, but the cars are now not worth the work now.