Thanks Paul
That makes sense replacing the 12v battery as this appears to have gotten worse
over time. With old lead batteries (this has 5 years use mid old) the DC DC
converter tries to float charge the battery up to 14v but it won't go above 13v
so it just keeps pumping current in.  I'll check if the battery is hot, I think
it should after sucking up 7Kwh in 24 hours.  My Honda Insight went goofy,
blinky dash lights, sputtering engine and found out it was the old 12v battery
that I thought would never go bad because it doesn't start anything or supply
heavy loads.  I'll let you know if that's what it was.  Thanks Lee for your
help and on the goofy horn. Hope the Chevy Bolt doesn't have similar problems.
For some reason I couldn't charge from the CCS fast charger, tried five
chargers and all said both my credit cards were bad so I went in the store and
bought a cookie on one and a coke on the other (health food).  Just testing
since fast chargers are 28c per kWh so I just charge at home where
 the energy is free from the sun.
Have a renewable energy day
Mark

Sent from my iPhone