You read that on Wikipedia and it is not what I said.
Alan was an independent contractor he did not work for Aeroenvironment or GM
and he designed the first EV1 prototype drive electronics in his garage. He
quit when AC Delco claimed they got all of GM's electronics work. It took them
some time to actually get their first design to work after AC Delco took over.
They had all sorts of EMI problems after Alan left.

    On Monday, July 22, 2019, 10:12:51 AM CDT, Lee Hart via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 paul dove via EV wrote:
 > I don’t know what that means I assume that is a company’s name,
 > however, what I said was correct. Alan designed the inverter and
 > electronics for the EV1.

Paul is right. It went like this:

Aerovironment built GM's 1987 "SunRaycer" solar powered race car. It so
impressed GM that they contracted with AeroVironment to build a
prototype electric car. That car was named the "Impact", and delivered
to GM in 1990.

Alan Cocconi worked for AeroVironment, and designed the Impact's
inverter. It was air-cooled and used MOSFET transistors.

GM completely re-designed the Impact into the EV1. The first EV1's
became available in 1996. They contracted out the inverter design to
Hughes Aircraft, who re-designed it to be liquid-cooled and use IGBTs
(among many other changes). Cocconi's inspiration was there; but GM
completely designed out any trace of his work.

Cocconi went on to design the Tzero EV. I think it was the first
successful EV to use thousands of 18650 lithium cells for power, and was
the inspiration for Tesla's Roadster. Cocconi also V2G (Vehicle to Grid)
where an EV can feed power back into the grid, and "reductive" charging,
where the EV's motor is used as a transformer during charging.

--
In software development, there are two kinds of error: Conceptual
errors, implementation errors, and off-by-one errors. (anonymous)