https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2019/08/marvelous-mrs-maisel-day-los-angeles-amazon-deals-tv-show/596239/
The Problem With Amazon’s Cheap Gas Stunt
2019-08-18  The company promoted its TV show The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel with
a day of throwback 1959-style prices in Los Angeles. What could go wrong?
... gas, which was going for 30 cent a gallon at one Santa Monica Chevron
station. Drivers immediately descended on the cheap fuel once the promotion
began, snarling Cloverfield Boulevard and the nearest I-10 freeway exits and
turning the ‘50s-style promotion into a ‘70s-style gas line.

By late morning, the Santa Monica police department had to step in to direct
traffic, and by early afternoon, congestion became so severe that first
responders would have struggled to pass in the event of an emergency. Police
decided to shut the deal down early, disappointing legions of tank-fillers.
The show’s Twitter account was light-heartedly apologetic: “When we brought
LA prices from 1959, we didn't know they would come with Manhattan traffic.
Oy!”

... Amazon turned L.A.’s reliance on fossil fuel into a traffic-tangling
marketing stunt ... (It might also be worth noting that, thanks to the
enormous subsidies gifted to the fossil fuel industry, 1959 never really
ended when it comes to gas prices in America: 30 cents a gallon is about
$2.60 in 2019 dollars.) ...
https://thedriven.io/2019/08/18/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-petrol-station/
The rise and fall of the petrol station
August 18, 2019 ... a sign of yet another ‘tipping point’ being passed in
the EV revolution – that number (of ice stations) is now exceeded by the
number of public places to charge EVs! ... “Many consumers are saying their
next car will be electric ...
https://thedriven.io/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/electric-car-charger-4381728_1280.jpg

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/