Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
Was just reading a DC Power supply article and it casually mentioned the
benefit of moving to higher frequency for DC/DC convresion in not only
efficiency, but also, by being above 2 MHz, there are no harmonics in he AM
band.

Nice to know they are thinking about it.

Good to know they are thinking about it. But even if the frequency is above 2 MHz, you still get noise in the AM band. The frequency is usually modulated to regulate the supply; and that will create subharmonics in the AM band.

Besides that, modern cars are already incredible noise sources. Tune an AM radio between stations, and just listen to all the pops and buzzes as you turn things on and off.

AM radio would be nearly useless without those 50,000 watt broadcast stations.

--
Whether we or our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all
our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory,