Roger Daisley via EV wrote:
Does anyone have a favorite solution to terminal corrosion in lead/acid
battery packs? I see a battery terminal spray at O'Reilly Auto parts ...
junk or effective?

My favorite solution is to smear them with a liberal coating of vaseline. It works as well as the special expensive stuff, and is cheaper than easier to replace.

Corrosion is the bane of battery terminals. You inevitably wind up with dissimilar metals, the environment is often wet or dirty, and there is voltage present to encourage galvanic corrosion.

For this reason, commercial battery packs always weld the inter-cell jumpers. The jumpers are also made of the same material as the battery terminals, so there are no exposed dissimilar metals.

Bob Rice used to do this on his lead-acid EVs by dunking the cell jumper in molten lead (so there is no exposed copper). Then put it on the battery terminal (which is also lead), and briefly hit the top of the posts with a torch to melt (weld) the jumper to the post.

Lee Hart

--
Whether we or our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all
our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory,