Just as I suspected, wildfire threat or not, people are not going to put up with power outages, especially long ones.

It's costing businesses hundreds of millions of dollars a day. I can even see this ending up in court.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/californias-power-outage-mean-problems-for-electric-cars/
California’s power outage means problems for electric cars
Oct. 9, 2019 The Washington Post  SAN FRANCISCO ... Tesla ... issued a
preemptive advisory overnight ... telling owners to charge up to 100% ahead
of the planned outages ... on- or offline ... “Supercharger” stations ...
displayed on in-car maps ... (% wash-post ends pushing hevs will save the
day, but did not say ice-stations can't pump fuel with power off! %)