[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/used-early-Leaf-charger-tp4695791.html
]

Willie sez: >A neighbor needs a charger<

While EV-knowledgeable evdl members likely know he is asking for an
onboard leaf charger, not an (external) EVSE (charger), when doing
searches, add  onboard  to your key-words
https://www.google.com/search?q=onboard+charger+nissan+leaf

https://www.google.com/search?q=onboard+charger+leaf+electric

There are leaf parts out-there, but knowing what year Leaf model the
neighbor's
leaf is and what kW rating its onboard charger is, is important

[video
https://youtu.be/21eXf_UMW3c
Nissan Leaf. Is it 3kW or 7kW charger?
]

As price point to note, I found a $700 one on ebay, but is it compatible?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Nissan-Leaf-Onboard-Battery-Charger-296A0-3NA8A/123974749344
 there were others at twice that amount.

There has to be a much larger quantity of Leaf parts in SoCal than in any
region along Willie's trip from S.Central TX to/from SoCal, (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/zYy9efEMWvbP6vUU9
 (perhaps Willie will be documenting that SoCal trip on his blog?)

Cor has posted much about his leaf efforts, but he is 6+hrs north of SoCal
in the Silicon Valley area, (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/pgex9Gp5zYtBkX438
 I do not know if the evdl.org has a SoCal counterpart to Cor that would
help with Willie's task (?)

Asking the same question on the Leaf forum would likely give more useful
SoCal-local results

https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=23017
On-board battery charger died and has to be replaced after 60K miles
Dec 4, 2016 - 10 posts - ‎6 authors
My 2012 Nissan Leaf all of a sudden would not charge so we took it in to
have it diagnosed and we were told the on-board charger had failed ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}