My comments were really only in the context of EV application.

The most knowledgeable people in a particular tech space are usually also
the ones that have the most to gain. Its a common problem. I had a
job where a new-ish product was being made that did not fit the ASTM
standards for the application. Of course the people on that committee had
no interest in supporting a different, not necessarily better competitor.
My sense is that had the product actually been noticeably better there
would have been even lower viscosity in the standard adjusting process.

There needs to be a customer group pushing ahead. That means they have to
read the papers, make the contacts with the doers, and develop a fuller
understanding of the arising technologies and the spectrum of current cell
technologies. Protectiion of IP always gets in the way of doing this stull
proactively.

Michael E. Ross
(919) 585-6737 Land
(919) 901-2805 Cell and Text