Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 20:17:56 -0400
From: Dan Baker <vmd...@gmail.com>
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Subject: [EVDL] Chevrolet Volt Battery BMS

Can anyone here advise if they are using chevrolet volt batteries with a
BMS and if so what BMS they used?  I know the Volt batteries are very
robust, read where a lot of folks have used them without any BMS.  But I
really don't want to take any scary chances like that!  I would like to use
a BMS that only controls the charging & balancing and not the discharge to
avoid any current limit issues - I will just employ the controller's LVD.
 I've been trying to search the evalbum site but it's pretty hard to get
any good results where "Volt" is used a lot!  I had my mind set on getting
some model S packs but still haven't found any priced reasonably locally
while gen2 Volt packs are plentiful and much lower priced.
My boat (link below) has been running great on a China 96v 100a/h suitcase
pack but the fancy bluetooth BMS is limited to 150 amps continuous.
Looking at a bigger motor & controller in the 70-100 hp range so likely a
higher voltage than my current 96v setup.

Thank you
Dan
http://www.evalbum.com/4767
End of Original Message 2