The G2 units are switch mode, but it has a primary filter electrolytic only
rated for 200V.  When you connect it to 240v, that capacitor sees about
320v, so generally after a short while it explodes and destroys the power
supply.

Also, if you just replace the capacitor, it will be fine, and will operate
OK on 240V, but only at 12A.  I developed all-new firmware to replace the
stock firmware that checks to see what voltage is coming in and allows you
to program different amperages for L1/L2.  Sadly, reprogramming firmware
requires a special adapter, so even if I gave it away, it wouldn't be of
much use.