From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Bill Dube via EV
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2021 5:29 AM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: Bill Dube
Subject: Re: [EVDL] [External] Re: large drone ?

My hypothetical proposal was for EV drones (both tethered and perhaps
non-tethered) delivering packages from a truck (which could be an EV)
driven by a person. This would be safer as the driver could remain in
the truck, and not worry about slippery terrain, strained muscles,
viscous dogs, or irate package recipients.

The driver would directly supervise the delivery of each package, and
decide if the specific delivery was within the capability of the drone.
The drone would only take the package from the truck to the doorstep,
instead of the driver doing so.

FAR more efficient and safe than long distance drone delivery from a
central fixed location. (Likely fewer regulatory headaches as well.) No
jobs eliminated. Just the worst part of the job being performed by a
machine. The driver just makes sure it all goes smoothly and safely from
the comfort of the cab of the truck (unless the driver decides it is
safer/better to hand deliver the package.)

Bill D.

On 4/10/2021 6:47 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
> This thread is mostly off topic.  However, there are a couple of critical
> points that everyone posting so far seems to be missing.
>
> I want Amazon, UPS, Fedex, and ESPECIALLY USPS to convert their delivery
> fleets to EVs.
>
> But I want HUMANS driving them.  I want HUMANS delivering my packages to
my
> door.  And I want those humans to be treated decently and humanely in
their
> jobs.  For goodness sake let's at least give them a reasonable number of
> bathroom breaks.
>
> Humans can make judgements.  Machines can only do what they're programmed
> do.
>
> Machines also can't buy stuff to keep a consumer economy moving forward.
> The more people you put out of work by turning their jobs over to
machines,
> the fewer there are to spend money.  When does it stop?  When all the
Amazon