On 04/24/2021 07:08, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
So, that gets back to the question of whether it's marketing or market response. For the same size vehicle, a minivan form is generally more practical. Take out he rear seats and you'll have 7 or 8 feet of flat space. Put them in and you can haul 5 people and some gear. While minivans are still popular, they are far less popular than SUVs or small-bed trucks.

My wife drove two mini-vans over a period of almost 20 years.  You are right that they are very practical.  Both were three rows of seats and both rear and middle seats were easily removable.  The normally back row could seat three and could be installed in the middle seat position.  That was the vacation configuration.  Left quite a few feet of space for gear, and left more space for toys between the kids in the middle row, and we could carry a third person in that row if needed (although that was a little tight for three adults for a long period).  Take out both rear and middle rows and you have a huge space for stuff - almost as much as my full size pickup.  However, see how happy the wife would be if you wanted to carry a pallet of bags of fertilizer!  Or worse, 1,000 pound of fertilizer in bulk!  No problem in my truck - just hose out the bed after shoveling out the fertilizer (BTW, horse poop makes great fertilizer).  And the weight capacity of the van is no where near my truck.  Biggest load I have carried is a pallet of bricks - almost 3,600 pounds.

--
73