One political party denies CO2 is a pollutant.

    On Saturday, May 15, 2021, 12:22:20 PM CDT, EVDL Administrator via EV
<ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 A road tax is just a fine for EV owners to punish them for not using
petroleum, and discourage motorists from switching to EVs.  On the contrary,
if they actually want EVs (spoiler: they don't), they should waive as many
fees on them as possible.

IMO, the fair way to recover fuel tax revenue is a pollution surcharge to
the license renewal fee, based on the vehicle's EPA MPG or MPGe rating.  The
more energy the vehicle uses, the more the owner pays.  This is similar to
the yearly vehicle taxes levied in many other countries, based on ICEV
engine displacement.  It will (mildly) encourage vehicle buyers to consider
efficiency.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
    revolution inevitable.

                                  -- John F Kennedy