I carry a cellphone only had to use it a couple of times.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, May 16, 2021, 9:24 PM, Bobby Keeland via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

We bought a Tesla model 3 in May of 2019. Of course it did not have a spare
and we really did not worry about it. About a year ago I noticed that the
rear drivers side tire was low. There was a triangular piece of metal,
about 1/16th inch thick, stuck into the tread if the tire. It seemed to me
to be very unusual that a flat piece of metal could become imbedded in the
tire just by running over it. The metal would have needed to be stood on
one side?? I suspected that some “Tesla Hater” had placed it against my
tire while the car was in a big box store parking lot. As I drove away the
metal could have punctured the tire. Danny’s Tire World in Opelousas
repaired the tire. They even re-glued the sound deadening foam strip back
down within the tire.
I called the NOLA service Center and ordered a new rim and tire. We live
too far from NOLA to rely on any type of roadside service. I bought a low
profile jack and a lug wrench from an auto parts store, and some items to
cushion the jack against the bottom of the car (using the OEM holes on each
side) from EV Annex. I also carry a torque wench so that I can be sure that
the lugs are sufficiently tight. The jack, lug wrench, cushion pads and
torque wrench are stored in the frunk. The spare tire is in the back,
taking up space, but the rear seats can still be set up for use.
A Model Y should have more room to carry the spare. We may upgrade to a
model Y at some point.
Bobby Keeland
Arnaudville, LA