Well based on my experience driving a Tesla on autopilot it’s not 100%
reliable, for instance, it doesn’t detect road debris or pot holes. It gets
confused and shuts off if the road lines disappear or widen out like they do on
highways sometimes on merge lanes. I certainly wouldn’t sit in the backset or
sleep, that’s just stupid. Or be looking at my phone. On the good side it’s vey
conservative and will brake if it’s not sure. Sometimes it steers the wrong
direction and you have to grab the wheel I think that’s what happened on one of
those in the list. The biggest draw back is when they have the roads diverted
with cones because of road construction or when lanes shift right or left on
the other side of an intersection. Lots of drawbacks but I love it overall. It
takes all the monotony out of highway driving. You can pay attention to traffic
better and be more relaxed which lets your brain work better. People probably
get bored and loose focus. Don’t ever forget you are in a 5000 lb car traveling
at 70 mph. I will say that it’s gotten a lot better in the last year.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021, 5:42 PM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>