Only looking at what you posted, you draw a very false conclusion from the data.

You’ve connected fossil hydrogen with that going into a car’s tank. Well, yes,
you can do that, much like you use fossil gas or coal to produce electricity to
run a BEV. But most hydrogen in transportation is not fossil-derived, and the
entire industry is moving towards 100% “decarbonized” hydrogen, with most
believing that “green” hydrogen will be everywhere very soon.

I haven’t looked at the “blue hydrogen” data, so can’t critique it, but the use
of colors really confusing things because if you are looking for GHG impacts,
the most direct measure is a CI score.

Many incentives are there in transportation for 100% Renewable H2, and while I
get 90% renewable hydrogen when I fill my fuel cell electric vehicle (they
*are* electric), I look at the grid numbers and see renewable numbers of as low
as 11%, depending on the time of day. The rest is fossil.

So who is putting out more GHGs?

This is the problem with analysis that don’t analyze the real world as most
would view the data.

- Mark

Sent from my Fuel Cell powered iPhone