On 9/4/21 9:34 AM, Mark Hanson via EV wrote:
Thanks Lee
My extension cord power company said they won’t do anything unless it hits 7%
over 240V and since I’m near the substation , I see it 250-252V so the folks at
the end of the line miles away aren’t too low.  Most local pole peg
transformers don’t have taps anymore to save $$ so it’s up to the customer to
put bucking transformers in on sensitive equipment.  Most appliances are power
loads with the wattage the same as they draw less current (no change in meter
billing) at a high line condition but solar inverters must run higher than the
line to push back current.  They use the switching power supply universal
85-264V operational range so always operating near the high end. I told Enphase
to bump up their voltage to be mid range operational but they won’t do it due
to increased cost for higher voltage components.  I can copy the club. I don’t
have a problem with gmail although sometimes the settings block Outlook email
and have to reset to allow secondary devices.

Here are some musings that some may find relevant.  Or, maybe not.

When I started putting in PV, I noticed my line voltage wast about 245.  I had a 15kva transformer which, in this rural area, is normal for not all electric house.  All electric houses tend to get 25kwa.  I've never seen a 50kva for a "normal" residence.

As I install more and more PV, I noted my voltage climbing. Sometimes, some of my micro inverters would shut down presumably when they saw 265v.  Some of this high voltage was due to marginal branch circuits which I worked to alleviate.  I found when my meter voltage reached about 255, I had inverters shutting down somewhere.

Consulting my utility: they put a voltage monitor in my meter for a few days and found it, indeed, high.  I suggested to them that I would be happy with more like 230v which would have given me more "head room" at inverters.  They claimed to no longer installing multi-tap transformers which could have, at least temporarily, alleviated the problem.  I ended up having them replacing, at my cost, the 15kva with a 37.5kva.  I was walking on thin ice because my PV agreement called for me to produce no more that 10kw.  I eventually accepted an agreement that allowed me to produce 50kw.

I am now pushing the capacity of the 37.5kva; I see delivered power as high as 30kw.

In case it is not obvious, producing power raises voltage just a using power reduces.  My understanding of that and transformer capacities developed only as my PV projects proceeded.