125ma seems too high on your Leaf.  But if you disconnect the 12v to insert
an ammeter, you may need to allow time for the car to settle back to it's
sleep state.  Also be sure to keep the key fob WELL AWAY from the car.  If
it's in your pocket during the measurement, there's your problem.

On the Model Y, VCFront is responsible for monitoring the 12v battery.  If
it detects the battery needs a charge it will ask the BMS to fire up the HV
and then the whole car will wake up, including coolant pumps, etc.   It
will then complete the full charge of the 12v, then go back to sleep.

I have no experience with the Bolt.