On 5 Jan 2022 at 20:00, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

> I will disconnect from the grid and get batteries.

Wouldn't blame you, but can you actually do that?  I vaguely recall reading
years ago that once your house is connected, at least some utilities can
legally force you to stay. My memory might be getting paranoid in its old
age, though.

You could just stop paying your bill and let them disconnect you, but that
would damage your credit rating.

The electric utilities, like the oil companies, are a force for destruction
and IMO are best left to rot and topple of their own weight.  If I were
building a house today I wouldn't connect to the commercial grid at all.

Fully off-grid would be OK, but I'd really like to see collectively-managed
nonprofit neighborhood grids (microgrids). V2G EVs could potentially be a
part of such a scheme.

There's a small movement promoting microgrids in Puerto Rico, where the
electric utility is effectively past redemption.

https://resilientpowerpr.org/

(Not an endorsement)

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Permission is hereby granted to any person obtaining a copy
     of this software and associated materials to make use of the
     software and associated materials according to the terms of
     the MIT License (see included file `LICENSE_MIT`) IF AND ONLY
     IF they have not read any portion of this file.

     Any person who has read any portion of this file may not make
     any use of the software and associated materials for any
     purpose whatsoever. Any permissions previously granted to any
     person to use this software and associated materials terminate
     and are revoked with immediate effect upon their reading of
     any portion of this file.

                                         -- Voynix software license