On 1/18/22 11:58 AM, EV List Lackey via EV wrote:
On 18 Jan 2022 at 4:32, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

Is that something that you copied and pasted from Google then?  I knew they
were snoops and busybodies.  Do they follow you around now and watch what
kind of car you're driving?

The less Google knows about me, the better I like it, so I can't help you
with how to *voluntarily* tell them that you "travel by electric [car]."
Maybe someone else can.

I imagine Lwwrence is referring to a maps.google monthly report. I find them quite useful to remind me where I've been and what I've done.

AFAIK, the tracking is of your smart phone only; they know nothing about your car or mode of transportation.  They do use your known locations to solicit reviews and ratings of restaurants, hotels, etc.  Especially since I benefit from the review of others, I am happy to comply when my time allows.

My guess is that they use speed to guess the mode of transportation.  In the past 12 months, I am reported to have driven over 17k miles and bicycled 21 miles.  I suspect that "bicycling" includes golf carting around my place.  Of course, all my driven miles are in a Tesla.  Google may well suspect an EV since I am asked to review SuperChargers.