Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 20:08:15 -0500

From: "EV List Lackey" <evp...@drmm.net>

To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>

Subject: Re: [EVDL] 2013-2015 Nissan Leaf recalled for braking

      problem, 46, 000 vehicles affected

On 23 Feb 2022 at 19:40, Mark Hanson via EV wrote:

> The Roanoke Va PeterTMs creek rd Nissan dealer says ITMd have to

> pay for this since itTMs no longer a recall (about $1k). Sounds like BS to

> me.

I'm not an expert on these matters, but as I understand it, "no longer a

recall" isn't a thing.  Recalls don't expire.  If your Leaf hasn't had the

recall, you should still be able to have it done until it's at least 15

years old.

Dealers don't like doing recall service.  They get paid less for it than for

repairs they bill to a customer, so the sleazy ones will try to weasel out

of it.  What this says about your dealer there will be left as an exercise

for the reader.

Have you called the Nissan number mentioned in the story? 800 647-7261

Or you could try another Nissan dealer.

You might also try going here and entering your VIN.

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

If the recall service has already been carried out on your car, and the

problem has recurred, then I don't know what your options would be.  Others

may know.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

Have a renewable energy day,

Mark

Mark E. Hanson

184 Vista Lane

Fincastle, VA 24090

540-473-1248 phone & FAX, 540-816-0812 cell

REEVA: community service RE & EV project club

Website: www.REEVAdiy.org (See Project Gallery)

UL Certified PV Installer

My RE&EV Circuits: www.EVDL.org/lib/mh

REEVA Demo:  <http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0> http://youtu.be/4kqWn2H-rA0

<https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/a88920376f864ecabaed843dd89
75b8d/signature> Fincastle Solar Weather Station