I am speculating, but I do live in central NC and have 5.6KW on my roof
since 2013. Duke Power wants to get rid of all the promotional stuff for
solar power here. I have been on net metering 1:1 getting paid the same as
I pay. They are trying to end that. Some years ago they proposed paying us
$0.02/KWH when we pay $0.11/KWH. That fell through. But Duke carries a lot
of clout in the wholly, and egregiously conservative legislature here. They
probably see an opportunity and are pushing it once again.

Free EV charging is just another energy angle that Duke has little control
over and that is their MO: they like solar just fine as long as it is under
their thumb, NC makes the second greatest amount of solar power after CA
(could be dated info), but most of it is utility scale very little that is
residential. Duke controls that and that is how they like it.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2022 at 4:47 PM Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> That's pretty regressive. Do you suspect there is some strong lobbying
> from the petroleum industry ? :) Fortunately, that's an extreme case
> among the states.
> Peri
>
> << Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

Michael E. Ross