> I converted a Cushman ... to electric many moons ago (in the 90s).
> It has a small truck box on the back.

What you are describing is my first car, a Cushman "Mailster", retired from the US Postal Service. It had a small cube box with front and rear roll-up doors and instead of a steering wheel, handlebars directly connected to the front suspension.

Here's a photo (virtually one of only a couple of photos featuring my face on the whole of the internet) from 1967:

http://www.housetrucks.org/blogfx/cushman.jpg

45 MPH was much too fast for the amount of native stability, and I nearly upended it a couple of times on the road. After ripping around town and cruising the beach scene for six months, I got tapped by a Grand Prix that was pulling out of a driveway and ended up underneath the rig, being belt sanded by the pavement. Still have the scars and nerve damage to remind me that four wheels are better than three, no matter what the configuration.

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/