Hi,
The last piece of gas-powered equipment I have is a Simplicity chipper-vac -- it's a great piece of equipment that chips up to 3-inch branches and vacuums and shreds leaves and lawn debris. The only drawback is the gas engine, which is an 8HP Briggs & Stratton 4-stroke -- it has an electric start, which is absolutely essential for the first start every year because trying to pull-start it is nearly impossible. I'd like to convert it to electric. Is there an off-the-shelf option for a motor and controller that would be appropriate for this equipment? The motor model number is 192437 Type 0161-01, 8HP and my best guess is that it'd run at about 3300 RPM. Ideally I'd make it cordless -- If I got rid of the gas engine, its starter battery and fuel tank I think an electric version might actually be lighter. It would also be a lot quieter -- and cleaner.

Anybody have any recommendations/suggestions?

Thanks,
-Tom