I get about 8kWh per day in the summer when it's sunny.

That's good for about 15 highway or 20 city miles.    The prototype van I
have here is the long-wheelbase high-roof and I only drive it occasionally
when I need to move a lot of stuff or test something, so I never need to
plug it in anymore.   If I use a lot of range, it'll still be back to 80%
within a week.  (What I keep the SoC set to)

We have a mobile app that lets you set the target SoC and keep tabs on the
system.

The cool thing is the system continues to pump in quite a bit even while
you're driving.  Essentially makes the A/C "free".