Maybe I worded that poorly, perhaps what I should have said was more along the lines of: There is no standing contract with the general public to supply Tesla vehicles for $35k or $30k or some other imagined "affordable" MSRP cut off point.

There have in fact been times in the past when Tesla did sell an off menu model 3 for under $35k, I believe. Perhaps this is what Bobby was able to buy? Point is, complaints that "Tesla isn't making that cheap BEV they promised" are missing the big picture, which is that there likely wouldn't be any BEVs for sale from any OEMs were it not for Tesla forcing them into this market.

The Nissan Leaf was a great BEV for it's time, but it was never going to strike the passion of those looking for the quickest, the safest, the best global charging network, the unending over the air software improvements, the real time optimization of design within each model class. Just because people have options for purchasing OEM BEVs with warranties today by no means eliminates the desire of those at this list to hand craft our own electrified creations. Just like there will always be people who love to wrench on engines, heck I would still enjoy working on an ICE if I had the inkling to need to.

Maybe I over reacted to the OP (Original Post) which in a single sentence managed to personally denigrate Elon alone for both lowering prices and simultaneously not lowering them enough. And also incorrectly claiming that the likes of the Bolt, Kia, and Hyundai are competitors. The fact of the matter is that ICE cars are the only competition, and that there are those able to fill all price points is good for everyone. I don't expect Porsche to build all the worlds pickup trucks, and so to expect Tesla to single-handedly satisfy all BEV price points is equally absurd.

For anyone who noticed I changed the subject line, again:
 You may appreciate this video from SMR of Solving the Money Problem
 Be warned, SMR is a Hyper-Bull, wears his bias on his sleeve:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JD1ftXYrWM&t=8m20s
 8:20 Analysis: Tesla uses its profits as a weapon in an EV price war
Cite: https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-uses-its-profits-weapon-an-ev-price-war-2023-01-19/