The item below is from the Elec-Trak discussion list. Steve is also a member
of this list and has posted this offer before, but it's been a while.

I haven't used them personally but by reputation these are sturdy, useful
cells for small EVs or for RE projects.  I'd hate to see them go to waste
(in this case literally).

----- begin quoted text -----

I am still looking for a home for these nickel-cadmium batteries!  Make me
an offer and save them from the recycler!

These are BB600 flooded Nickel-Cadmium batteries from an electric car
project.  They are from John Lussmeyer's government surplus group buy. These
cells tolerate cold and deep discharge, and last a very long time. I have
been running my E-15 on 60 of them for many years; Chris Zach also uses them
in his tractor.

The cells are assembled with nickel-plated interconnects into 9-cell blocks
and packed 2 blocks to a box; I have 7 boxes.

They are all in Ithaca, NY; I may be able to deliver to Albany NY,
Burlington VT, or other nearby points.

The tech manual for these is here:

https://john.casadelgato.com/work/BB6600.pdf

cheers,

Steve Gaarder

----- end quoted text -----

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Some people, when confronted with a computer programming
     problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions."
     Now they have two problems.

                                            -- Jamie Zawinski

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/