Dan was helpful enough to send me his clone file (it's the controller configuration). I compared it page-by-page and only found one significance difference. There's a "vehicle information" section that has end gear ratio and tire size. In mine the gear ratio was 7:09 and tire size 589mm. On Dan's, because he's driving a propeller, it was 1 and 100mm. So I set mine to those numbers and my low-end performance improved dramatically. It still struggles going up my driveway but now I feel it's a gearing problem and not a limited current problem. Also, it can now back up the driveway. No idea if that change impacts anything else, though.

So thank you very much Dan!

My next step will be to swap out the 3.73 gears in the diff for 4.10. I think that will give me better low-end torque without limiting my top-end very much. As it is, right now, I'm software limiting it to about 80mph. 70 will do me fine.

--Rick