10wh/mi is extremely dubious. It'd be great if that were physically
possible at realistic speeds but it just isn't.

But, my biggest problem with things like the Aptera is really safety. All
other things being equal, safety in a crash comes down to energy transfer.
And, energy is a function of mass and speed. This is why buses in the US
don't have seatbelts for kids. The bus weighs more than almost anything
else on the road so unless the bus hits a full cement truck head on it will
not experience too shocking of a load. From a physics perspective, this is
the answer to the question: "when two equal cars, each going 60MPH hit, is
it better or worse than hitting a brick wall at 60MPH?" Well, it's the
same. Two cars of equal mass, each going the same speed but in opposite
directions will have the same kinetic energy. So, when they hit they cancel
out each other's energy and both stop as if they hit a brick wall going
60MPH. However, if an F150 with 1500lbs of bricks in the back gets into a
head on collision with an Aptera it's going to go straight through it and
not even come to a complete stop. The Aptera will look like it was hit with
a stack of dynamite. The F150 driver will spill his coffee and ruin his
front end. This is part of the subconscious reason that people in the US
buy such big cars. If I buy a big car or a truck and so does everyone else
but you don't... Well, you're going to have a terrible time if one of us
crashes into you. So, we buy bigger and bigger vehicles so that we're
"safer" on the road. To some extent, that is sound logic.