Assuming this team drove their car continuously (24h) for those 6 days
in the smooth concrete-floored hangar, then they did an average 11 MPH
which means that fact alone got them 25 times lower wind drag than at
55 MPH. They also likely used extremely narrow and high pressure
tires, again slashing rolling resistance to a tiny fraction - a
situation close to as if they would be rolling steel wheels on rails.
The reason for using GaN transistors in the controller is another
efficiency optimization, even though GaN is still finicky and not as
reliable as SiC and lastly the size, weight and extreme streamline
show that this is an academic achievement...
I do still like to occasionally hyper-mile my 10 year old Model S and
see the mi/kwh top 5 when staying at or slightly below 55MPH on a long
commute at a quiet road.
Cor.
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/