On 21 Sep 2023 at 15:15, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

> According to the Electric Viking prices of batteries will bring EV cost
> to that of ICE, thus bring it's end.

I don't know who "Electric Viking" is, but I can see the decline of ICEVs on
the horizon in Europe.  Here new passenger ICEV sales are supposed to end in
2035.  That may yet change since Germany's lawmakers, bless their hearts,
are fighting to dilute that requirement on behalf of their petrol-poisoned,
big-bucks, knuckle-dragging automakers.  But I think that eventually most
ICEVs will be phased out.

However, I don't see it ever happening in the US.  The nation's political
future doesn't bode well for it.

And the oily propaganda has been quite successful.  I read recently that in
a survey 41% of the US respondents declared that they would never buy an EV
for any reason.

It's not a matter of cost.  Many of these folks will gladly pay $60k and
more for vehicles based on an obsolete design - pickup trucks haven't
fundamentally changed since Ford added independent front suspension in 1965.

Forty-one percent is an intriguing number in the US.  Listing other things
that around 41% of the US population favor will be left as an exercise for
the reader.  :-\

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Our jobs are not supposed to bring us enlightenment. They are
     supposed to bring us money and stolen office supplies.  If we
     are going to perform any ritual at work, let it be to invite
     a demon into the sacred circle to smite our enemy, Liz in
     Human Resources.

                                                   - Jessa Crispin

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/