> How about using one of the headlight cleaning kits

A fast, easy, cheap fix for this is to scrub the daylights out of the covers with a section of wet newspaper sprinkled liberally with "Barkeepers Friend" scouring powder. Follow up after rinsing with another clean, wet section of newspaper, using "Bon Ami" scouring powder. In both cases, add water as you work to keep the paper wet, but not so much as to wash away the abrasive.

This works, no kidding. I did both headlamp covers on a 2000 Tundra that I'm borrowing while my pickup is being repaired, and the lenses went from so brown and nearly opaque that you couldn't see into them to being bright and nearly clear with a full view of the capsule and lens fluting inside the lamp assembly. There will still be some light frosted appearance to the lenses, but for the cost and trouble, it's a great and simple treatment. You can spiff up your kitchen and bathroom with the remainder of the products, too.

I can actually see the light from the headlights on the road surface and traffic signs now!

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/