https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/10/striking-uaw-workers-win-key-battery-
plant-concession-from-general-motors/

or https://v.gd/j0sNGM

"In a report published on Friday, Heatmap found that once battery-cell
production is taken into account, EVs may well require more workers [hours]
than vehicles with internal combustion engines ...The conventional [ICEV]
powertrains took 4 to 11 worker hours, while the EV powertrains took 15 to
24 ... '"

It seems that the autoworkers' unions are concerned about job losses
building EVs - which might indeed happen.   The argument this article makes
is that IF you build cells and batteries in the US with union autoworkers,
there will be MORE labor hours in the EVs than in the ICEVs.

Don't get me wrong; I'm good with autoworkers keeping their jobs.  It's just
that this runs counter to what I've read about EVs for over 50 years.  EVs
are massively simpler than ICEVs, with fewer precision moving parts.  Does
battery production cancel all that out?  Are cell and battery manufacturing
not automated?

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     When I was born, I was black. When I grow up, I'm black. When I'm ill,
     I'm black. When I die, I'm black. But you - when you're born, you're
     pink. When you grow up, you're white. When you're ill, you're green.
     When you go out in the sun, you go red. When you're cold, you go blue.
     When you die, you're purple. And you have the nerve to call me colored?

                                                               -- Malcolm X

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/