My experiences are about the same.  We usually spend about 25 minutes
but that takes in a stop at a Sheetz Station for use of their
restrooms and fast food.

When we went, we stayed at VRBO's and used their Level 1 sockets.
Each time we brought a 25' heavy gauge extension cord which worked out
in recharging an additional EV.

Level 1 is slow but good enough for recharging for transport;
providing enough range to local sights, restaurants, parks and back.

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/