OTOH: David listed facts of Tesla's fresh round of layoffs, with links. That, in and of itself, isn't prejudice, hatred or partisanship. No reason to stifle the messenger. It's news we can use.

Everyone is able to provide evidence to support their own conclusions. That's also be useful. All of this sparks discussion which is why we're here. It's in the name.

Beyond reporting news, everyone here, including the moderator, is entitled to have and express opinions.

Any car company can be lauded or criticized here. None are perfect. I don't know of a car company that can't be fairly criticized for perceived mistakes in the EV transition, although reasonable people may disagree in their interpretations. Good news and bad news can be shared and evaluated from everyone's particular perspectives.

Exciting to watch and experience, the technologies and market share have been progressing rapidly thanks to a lot of talented engineers, marketers, EV fans and those involved in pro-EV public policy.

Sales of EVs continue to grow but the amount of growth is slowing at the moment. How manufacturers and folks like us navigate this evolving market is worth monitoring.

I found this article to be interesting summation of current market conditions:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/01/cars/electric-vehicle-market-sales-tesla-ford/index.html

IMHO how each company copes with various challenges as the market grows, and how their decisions effect those of us who buy their vehicles, are all worthy and appropriate topics of discussion.

Cheers,
 -Jamie