On 21 Jul 2024 at 16:36, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:

> The (NYT?) announcement of the 45 million monthly donation to a GOP
> PAC is what Musk has stated is a false report.

Thanks for clarifying. I looked for more info, and found that in response
Musk posted "Fake Gnus" on Twitter.

Clever, because he could say that about any inaccuracy in the article - the
amount or the timing, maybe.

FWIW, it was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/elon-musk-has-said-he-is-committing-
around-45-million-a-month-to-a-new-pro-trump-super-pac-dda53823

The article is paywalled and I don't pay.

The WSJ have something of a reputation to protect, so it doesn't seem likely
that they made it up.

Even if the report is off, his endorsement wasn't a real smart move, IMO.  I
don't recall any other auto execs doing such, but I might have missed some.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Consultant: someone who borrows your watch, tells you what
     time it is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/