On Mon, 23 Sep 2024, (-Phil-) via EV wrote:

Yes, there are lots of people buying these crappy Lectron and A2Z adapters
which I deem dangerous.   I'm glad there is some movement to develop
standards.

I'm one of the people who bought a Lectron adapter (although other than testing I may never have to use it. We'll see how long CCS1 sticks around I guess). Can you expand on why they're dangerous? I did read the report, and can't argue with the recommendations, but didn't see it call out what's specifically wrong with the Lectron adapter. Lectron's AC J3400 adapter has seen years of real world use and held up fine.

I'm happy to see standards. I'm kind of shocked that J3400 is being rolled out without them. It seems to me like the right order would be to do the standards first, and then a roll out (we have CCS and J1772 in the meantime).

Thanks for posting this, Rush!

Indeed, thank you!

Best,
Jack