I remember reading about a device that you can plug into a leaf back (bare, taken out of a vehicle) and it would allow you to read the BMS data directly. Don't remember if it would control the contractor or not, but that sounds like something it could do.

Dala's EV Repair developed tools and documentation to bridge the battery connector directly to an OBD2 port, specifically for testing used packs or battery upgrades.

https://github.com/dalathegreat/Nissan-Leaf-Battery-to-OBD2


Or you can just buy a test cable to connect it to a OBDII / LeafSpy:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806829324768.html

Jay



On 3/23/26 16:08, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:
So, I know this exists somewhere, but I can't find it.
I'm looking for a thing that will plug into a Leaf Battery pack, and let me read all the cell status information. I'd also like to be able to control the contactor so that I can charge/ discharge the pack.

Anyone know where I can find the above device(s)?

_______________________________________________
Address messages to [email protected]
No other addresses in TO and CC fields
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/
OT: If you use an Android device, please read https://keepandroidopen.org/


_______________________________________________
Address messages to [email protected]
No other addresses in TO and CC fields
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/
OT: If you use an Android device, please read https://keepandroidopen.org/

Reply via email to