On 15/04/2009, at 10:45 PM, Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker wrote:

Hi Dylan,

This new draft is the results of many discussions and edits. It is important that the majority of people in the Community feel comfortable with it.

Some of your concerns have been addressed in that we are now positioning Plone as an "enterprise quality CMS". However we don't feel that Plone is a real DMS and don't think we should position it as one in light of the superiority of other products in that

yeah fair call about DCMs. I don't mean to be disrespectful to the work already done. I was just hoping we can come up with something really compelling that reflects plone real differences. Drupal can't combine document repository type functionality with a web CMS the way plone can but it is easy to install. You guys are the experts though.

field. However, we did mention that "Plone is a true CMS with built- in publication

workflow and document management features" in question #8.

Furthermore, the description of Plone as being an application that is easy to use has been better expressed in this new statement: "is easy for developers to download and install, and easy for end-users to use."

While these are general guidelines we encourage the Community to follow, they should not prevent you from adapting the general message to better fit your sales pitch to a specific client. We just can't make the exception the rules for everyone.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

Thank you,
Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker
CEO