Dear Terran and others,

Thank you for being with us!

It is indeed a tragedy; something we could never really imagine happening here, especially not on our university's premises which is a place we all traditionally consider safe.

Actually, the Institute of Information Studies and Librarianship where we all studied and where Eva also teaches a course on information technologies in libraries is part of the Faculty of Arts but located elsewhere. But the Faculty of Arts' main building is also a place where we all have spent some time (I remember taking some of my English classes there about two decades ago) and also it is a kind of a symbolic building for us here in the Czech Republic.

Although at this moment I do not think we personally know any of the victims, it is a really difficult situation to cope with as it is do much linked with a familiar setting, with a place and an institution which has played and keeps playing an important role in our lives.

Linda