(317) 232-3691

From: Evergreen-general <evergreen-general-boun...@list.evergreen-ils.org> On
Behalf Of Lussier, Kathy via Evergreen-general
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2024 12:09 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <evergreen-general@list.evergreen-ils.org>
Cc: Lussier, Kathy <kluss...@noblenet.org>
Subject: [Evergreen-general] Sharing plans for changing library selector in
Angular staff catalog

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or
click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Hi all,

NOBLE is proceeding with a project to make some changes to the library selector
in the Angular staff catalog. I'm sharing our requirements with the community
first to ensure the project doesn't conflict with any desired behavior for the
selector.

The full requirements are available at the bottom of this email, but the short
version is:

  1.  We plan to restore shelving location groups in the selector, similar to
the way they appear in the public catalog.
  2.  We plan to make the library selector for the staff catalog search honor
the visibility settings used for the public catalog library selector.
#1 is the restoration of a feature from the old staff catalog.
#2 introduces new behavior that hasn't been used in previous staff catalogs. We
could not think of a use case where an org unit should be invisible in the
public catalog when performing a search, but should be visible in the staff
catalog search. However, if there is one, let us know so that we can add an
option, most likely a global flag.

Please send us any feedback or concerns by the end of the day Friday so that we
can move forward with finalizing the requirements for this project.

[https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/vnd.google-apps.document]
 Angular Staff Catalog: Library Selector
Improve...<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=31323334-50bba2bf-31367a34-4544474f5631-72d20d3cf6093551&q=1&e=f1ee8472-6072-48e0-ab15-e15f80abd34b&u=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1Aioe5GfQXHXrWVF90r_xdsbMhm1PjHP1vFOyyO0R3DY%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Ddrive_web>

Thank you!
Kathy
--
Kathy Lussier