Carlos E. R. wrote:

>>> How about /usr/lib/systemd - that's the key one.
>>
>> Mmm. Many are binaries, tons of hits. Interestingly, there is a text
>> file:
>>
>> /usr/lib/systemd/system/udev.service
>>
>> Maybe it is this file the one it says it can not find?

Yes, sounds like that is the one. On my system that is a symlink to
"systemd-udevd.service" (in the same dir).

>>> Hmm, don't see any such messages.
>>
>> Interestingly, there is none in the laptop that I'm using this
>> morning. I'll have to check again this afternoon on the other
>> machine. I also have to verify that both have the same updates.
>
> Now sitting at the desktop machine. There is a
> "/usr/lib/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/systemd-udevd.service"
> and a "/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-udevd.service".

You need to look in the files and see what refers to 'udev.service'.

do the same find:

find /etc/systemd /lib/systemd /usr/lib/systemd -type f | xargs
grep -i 'udev.service'

On my 13.1 system, I only have hits on:

office11:~ # find /etc/systemd /lib/systemd /usr/lib/systemd -type f |
xargs grep -i 'udev.service'
Binary file /usr/lib/systemd/systemd matches
Binary file /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-logind matches
Binary file /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-udevd matches

Fyi, I have udev-210-43.1.x86_64.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.2°C)