Le 21-juil.-05, à 08:33, George Levy a écrit :

Hal Finney wrote:

Physicist Max Tegmark has an interesting discussion on the
physics of a universe with more than one time dimension at
http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/dimensions.html , specifically
http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/dimensions.pdf .

Wouldn't it be true that in the manyworld, every quantum branchings that is decoupled from other quantum branchings would in effect define its own time dimension? The number of decoupled branchings contained by the observable universe is very large. Linear time is only an illusion due to our limited perspective of the branching/merging network that our consciousness traverses.

I think so.  And Tegmark paper is indeed interesting.

While our consciousness may spread over (experience) several OMs or nodes in that network, it can only perceive a single path through the network.

Comp entails by itself that we should be able to perceive, in some indirect way, the presence of the many bifurcating or differentiating orthogonal path by looking sufficiently close to our probable neighborhood. But then this is confirmed by the very existence of the MW "interpretation" of the quantum theory.

Are there reason to believe that (physical, or local) time could have a scale invariant fractal dimension (between 1 and 2, bigger?) ? Does it make sense ?

I guess we must wait progress in string theory, or loop gravity, or even comp (!) to solve a so difficult question ...