Hi Hal,

Le Dimanche 31 Juillet 2005 19:06, Hal Finney a écrit :
> SNIP
>
> This shows that the program really did create the observer-moment, because
> there was little extra data in the map program.  The correspondence was
> in the calculation, not in the map.

In all of these discussion, it is really this point that annoy me... What is
the calculation ? Is it a physical process ? Obviously a calculation need
time... what is the difference between an abstract calculation (ie: one which
is done on a sheet of paper or just in your head) with an "effective"
calculation ? What is the meaning of "instantiating" in a block universe
view ?

Quentin