But look at your assumptions.

* 3 dimensions
* a discrete lattice structure: what sets the unit cell size
* face centre cubic - why this layout, and not one of the other
    possible crystalline types
* what are these higher energy dances? It seems if you add energy to a
   FCC crystal, you just melt the crystal. Where do these additional
   states come from?

Cheers